Duties & Responsibilities
- Outstanding amounts on accounts
- Agreements on outstanding amounts
- Supervise Credit Control personnel with regard to customer queries.
- Collection rate
- Age analysis
- Number of notices send out and figures for cut-offs and reconnection of services
- Draft report to Municipal Manager in connection with outstanding accounts of employees and Councillors
- Reconciliation of Age Analysis with GL Balances
- Government Outstanding Accounts
Daily tasks - Credit Control:
- Ensure implementation of credit control policy and correct interpretation of the policy.
- Ensure consistent application of credit control procedures to clients with outstanding amounts on their accounts.
- Notify personnel, by written memo’s, of decisions taken on meetings or by Council
- Regular visits to credit control personnel to assure the correct interpretation of the Credit Control- and Indigent Policies as well as other problems they may have.
- Receive and Process indigent applications. Implement Indigent subsidies and keep a register and ensuring it is updated
Handle Attorney handovers
- Handle all accounts handed over to the attorneys and ensure monthly reporting is received from attorneys.