Businesses encouraged to register
As from 01 March 2020, the Langeberg Municipality have now officially transitioned to the Central Supplier Database (CSD). This means all suppliers, currently registered on the Langeberg Supplier Database, who are not registered on the CSD, will have to do so, should they wish to do business with the municipality in future.
The CSD was created to provide a comprehensive and consolidated supplier database for National, Provincial and Local Government, without causing duplication and fragmentation of supplier information across the different spheres of government.
Prospective suppliers interested in pursuing opportunities with Langeberg Municipality and within the South African government are encouraged to register on the Central Supplier Database website, www.csd.gov.za. The CSD website also hosts the E-Tender Portal, which provides suppliers access to business opportunities. After submission, your details will be assessed for inclusion on the Central Supplier Database.
Once the information has been verified with external data sources, a unique supplier number and security code will be allocated and communicated to the supplier. Suppliers will be required to keep their data updated regularly and should confirm at least once a year that their data is still current and updated. Automatic re-verification of relevant supplier data against SARS, CIPC, etc. will be done regularly (daily, weekly, monthly), as required.
What is the CSD?
- A single database that serves as the source of all supplier information for all spheres of government,
- A way of simplifying the process of doing business with the government,
- It enables electronic registration and verification processes,
- It reduces the exchange of compliance documents in paper form,
- It eliminates multiple registrations with different organs of state,
- It reduces the cost for both business and government.
What will be required from suppliers to register?
All suppliers are required to supply information on the CSD website and must ensure that it is complete, accurate and comprehensive. The following would be amongst the required information:
- Supplier identification information e.g. supplier type, identification number, supplier name, trading name and country of origin;
- Supplier contact information e.g. preferred contact name, preferred communication method, email address, cell phone number, telephone number, etc.;
- Supplier address information e.g. country, province, municipality, city, suburb, ward and postal code;
- Bank account information;
- Supplier tax information, e.g. valid tax number;
- Ownership information, e.g. name and identification number of directors, members etc.;
- Association to any other suppliers e.g. branch, consortium member etc.; and
- Commodities the supplier can supply.
Please note that a valid email address, identity number, cell phone number and bank account details are mandatory for registration on the CSD.
What if I don’t have internet access or am computer illiterate?
Prospective suppliers can go to Municipal Libraries or the Thusong Center for assistance with registration.
Who can be contacted for further information on the CSD?