|Manager Position / Job Description :||Manager Labour Relations|
|Name of Manager :||Mr E. Jooste
|Contact number :||023 615 8018|
Duties & Responsibilities
Vision and Objectives of Department
- All labour relations administration to be dealt with in accordance with relevant collective agreements and applicable legislation
- To ensure the maintenance and application of discipline in the workplace
- To ensure fair play, to resolve problems as quickly as possible and to deal with conflict through procedural means
- To ensure that disputes are dealt with in a procedurally and substantively fair manner
- Promoting labour peace and sound labour relations in the workplace
- To ensure a healthy and safe working environment in accordance with the applicable legislation and regulations. (Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993)
Projects - Current & Completed
- The Department has a 100% success rate with regard to the handling of disciplinary cases, appeals, grievances and subsequent disputes emanating there from.
- The Department is also promoting and maintaining sound labour relations by rendering appropriate advice/guidance on labour relation matters to managers, supervisors and employees, as well as consulting with unions on matters of mutual interest, when required
- 82 Cases of misconduct have been dealt with by means of disciplinary investigations and disciplinary hearings(Annual Report 2009/2010)
- To comply with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993, health and safety committee meetings are held, safety inspections conducted in the various working areas within the municipality and safety procedures developed and implemented, where necessary. In order to minimise incidents in the workplace the department will perform Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), ensure that incident/accident investigations are conducted promptly and that safety rules, procedures and standards are enforced to prevent reoccurrence of incidents in the workplace.