The Langeberg Youth Advisory Centre (YAC) offer all youth in the Langeberg area (Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, Montagu and Robertson), free career guidance.
The career guidance process assists youth to choose the correct career according to their unique personality, traits and needs.
The person undergoes an assessment of their needs, interests, values, aptitudes and personality characteristics. An indication of the persons academic and career goals can then be given, from where a realistic plan of action is developed. This assessment can be done at an early age to assist grade 9’s with their subject choices.
The YAC office also offers the following services:
- Guidance how to compile an application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Helping you to get ready for an interview with guidance on interview etiquette, questions to expect, how to dress etc.
- Study information with various application forms and brochures of study courses and institutions.
- Information on various bursaries and study loans.
- Information on youth development trainings, learnership and new employment opportunities in the Langeberg area.
- HIV/AIDS awareness and outreach programmes
- Free computer use for typing of assignments, letters or CV’s.