The Old Mutual Double Century cycle challenge takes place on Saturday 27 November 2021.
This unique time trial sees teams starting in Swellendam and racing via Suurbraak, the Tradouw Pass and Op de Tradouw ascent towards Montagu. The route passes Ashton, Robertson and Bonnievale, returning via the R317 to Swellendam.
To ensure the safety of the public and cyclist, traffic will be controlled on a number of public roads.
The following temporary road closures have been approved by both Swellendam Municipality and Provincial Department of Roads and Public Work for the duration of the event:
- Somerset Street, Swellendam 04h00 – 08h00
- Murray Street and Statin Street (On either side of the Swellendam Show Grounds) 04h00 – 17h00
- Cooper Street (Between Kok Street and Murray Street) 04h00 – 17h00
- Van Eeden Street, Swellendam 11h00 – 17h00
- R324 – Tradouw Pass (Suurbraak side) 05h30 – 09h30
- R324 – Tradouw Pass (Barrydale side) 05h15 – 09h30
- Van Riebeeck Road – Montagu 08h00 – 11h30
- Kerk Street (Between Lang Street & Van Riebeeck Road) Montagu 08h00 – 11h30
- Lang Street (Between Kerk Street and R62 Cogmanskloof Pass) Montagu 08h00 – 11h30
- R62 Cogmanskloof Pass (Montagu side) 08h15 – 12h00
- R62 Cogmanskloof Pass (Ashton side) 08h00 – 12h00
- Zandvliet Road, Ashton 08h30 -12h30
- R317 from Bonnievale to Viljoensdrift 09h30 – 13h30
- R317 (from Bonnievale to Viljoensdrift) *Traffic to be diverted to Viljoensdrift 09h30 – 13h30
- R317 (from Rooibrug to Bonnievale) 10h15 – 14h30
PLEASE GET YOUR RESIDENT ACCESS PASS AT THE MONTAGU-ASHTON TOURISM OFFICE, Montagu Country Hotel, 27 Bath Street.
For any inquiries or concerns contact 087 820 7223 (before the event) and on 087 820 2453 (race day inquiries only) or visit the website: www.doublecentury.co.za