The Western Cape Government (WCG) Department of Transport and Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing in the Cape Winelands District to apply for trade learnership training opportunities in the construction industry.
The Learnership Programme entails: Undergoing theoretical and practical training at a public or private technical and vocational education and training (TVET) college; working on a building site; applying health and safety regulations; maintaining work areas; and undertaking administrative tasks.
HEALTH AND SAFETY L3 (Ref: HSCW)
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING L4 (Ref. EECW)
• Between 18 and 30 years old •
Resident of the Cape Winelands District of the Western Cape.
• Health and Safety Learnership applications: Grade 10 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed Health and Safety NQF L2 (National Qualifications Framework Level 2).
• Electrical Engineering Learnership applications: Grade 12 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed Electrical NQF L3.
• Applicants must enjoy good health and be willing to undergo a medical and substance abuse examination.
• Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the learnership training.
• Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites across the Western Cape.
• Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership Agreement.
Stipend: R2 500 per month for the duration of the Learnership Agreement.
Applicants can use facilities at a local library, Thusong Centre, E-Centre Youth Café or internet café to register on the SA Youth.Mobi platform.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a CV and certified copies of ID and their highest education certificate when they are invited for an interview. Register online: https://sayouth.datafree.co/.
Enquiries: Monday to Friday 08:00–16:00
• Western Cape Government Walk-in Centre: 0860 142 142
• Address: 9 Wale Street, Cape Town, 8001
• Harambee (online support): 0800 72 72 72
Closing date: 30 June 2022.
• Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications by 23 September 2022.