13 October 2021
NOTICE: LANGEBERG SPORT FIELDS UTILISATION AT ALERT LEVEL 1 OF COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
As we remain in a National State of Disaster, the applicable regulations issued as per the current alert level of the National Lockdown, are to be adhered to.
As per the Disaster Management Act 2002 (Act no. 57 of 2002) published in the Government Gazette, numbers 45297, issued 11 October 2021, regulations issued for Alert Level 1 during Covid-19 Lockdown under section 69 (10) the following is applicable:
“…(10) Sporting events, including both professional and non-professional matches, by recognised sporting bodies are allowed, subject to strict adherence to the times of operation as provided for in regulation 66(3) and the following:
(a) Directions for sports events issued by the Cabinet member responsible for sport after consultation with the Cabinet member responsible for health;
(b) spectators at the venue of the sports events are permitted but limited to 750 persons or less for indoor venues and 2000 persons or less for outdoor venues and if the venue is too small to hold the prescribed number of persons observing a distance of at least one and a half metres from each other, then not more than 50 percent of the capacity of the venue may be used, subject to strict adherence to all health protocols and social distancing measures; and
(11) An owner or operator of a sporting facility or an organiser of a sporting event referred to in subregulation
(10) must, when such sporting events take place, ensure compliance with the limitation on the number of persons attending such a gathering contemplated in contemplated in subregulation (10)(b). (
12) An owner or manager of a sporting facility or an organiser of a sporting event referred to in subregulation
(10) who fails to comply with subregulation
(11), commits an offence and is, on conviction, liable to a fine or imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
(13) An enforcement officer must, where a gathering in contravention of the regulations takes place-
(a) order the persons at the gathering to disperse immediately; and
(b) if the persons refuse to disperse, take appropriate action, which may, subject to the Criminal Procedure Act, 1977 (Act No. 51 of 1977), include the arrest and detention of any person at the gathering…”
Langeberg sport field users to remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19.
It is imperative that relevant regulations issued for Alert Level 1 of National COVID-19 Lockdown are followed.